We’re making plans for Learn to Row in 2023
The Spokane River Rowing Association (SRRA) strives to make rowing accessible to people of every background and ability; and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do.
Learn-to-Row summer sessions are for anyone (age 18 and older) who is interested in trying a new sport and adding a fun dimension to their summer schedule. Swimming skills are important, but SRRA will provide personal flotation devices for less competent swimmers.
SRRA likely be conducting our 2023 Learn-to-Row classes during the month of July, final schedule is TBA. Please let us know your interest by sending an email with your contact information to Interested in LTR.
Learn to Row sessions include coached lessons on the ergometer (rowing machine) and on-the-water sessions in eight and four person rowing shells! We cover rowing stroke and boat safety, basic boathouse terminology, boat and oar handling skills, with the majority of the class focused on rowing stroke technique on the rowing machine and in the boat with other rowers. Participants also receive a Spokane River Rowing tech T-shirt (value $25). Current SRRA rowers offer mentorship and welcome new rowers to continue to learn with them on the water for the remainder of the summer.
- All registrants must be 18 or older by the end of 2023.
- For two or more registrants in the same family, the second family member is half price!
- Location: TBD but likely on the Spokane River at 7200 E. South Riverway Ave Spokane, WA 99202 see directions here.
- Cost: TBD but in the $200-$250 range
- SRRA encourages all interested adults to try Learn to Row regardless of financial ability. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on financial assistance for registration and/or transportation costs.
- If you are looking for junior rowing, please check with Coeur d’Alene Rowing at CDArowing.org.
- Pend Oreille Rowing and Padding Association also offers adult and youth introduction to rowing classes. www.porpa.org
If you have questions, please click on the link below, and send us a message:
We look forward to rowing with you this summer!