How can I participate if I don’t want to row?
SRRA is often in need of experienced coxswains or those willing to learn to be coxswains.   Please contact us if you are interested.  Coxswains must still be members of SRRA ($100 annual membership donation), and must be either a Basic or Championship USRowing member.  But monthly fees are waived.

Don’t know what a coxswain is?
The coxswain is the person in charge of a boat, specifically, he/she steers the boat and directs the speed and rhythm of the rowers.

  • What is the difference between the Learn to Row and Master’s session?
    • Learn to row is for individuals who have no previous rowing experience or need a basic refreshment of their rowing skills. 
    • The Master’s sessions are for rowers who have already completed the Learn to Row program or have rowed previously at a different rowing club or program.

What about insurance?
SRRA’s annual membership dues of $75 includes liability insurance for all its members through USRowing.  All members of SRRA must also be a Basic ($7.75 administration fee) or Championship ($65) member of USRowing and must sign the electronic waiver at Join/renew USRowing membership
prior to rowing with the club.  Basic Membership also allows a rower to be eligible to compete in USRowing registered (not hosted) regattas for a member organization.  Championship Membership gives an athlete the best chance at success from a membership standpoint, providing national competition eligibility, discounts, additional insurance coverage as well as exclusive education resources.   More information is available at http://www.usrowing.org/individual-membership/.

I’m visiting Spokane, is it possible to come row with the Spokane River Rowing Association as a GUEST during my stay?
We would love to have you join us! You must be at least a Basic member with USRowing, we charge a nominal $15 fee per session and we appreciate advance notice so we can add you to our roster for insurance purposes.   Please download and return the SRRA Guest Rowing Form and the USRowing/SRRA Waiver as soon as possible before you plan to join us.  We look forward to meeting you.

SafeSport Policy
SRRA has adopted a SafeSport Policy in keeping with the requirements of USRowing. It is our goal to make rowing available to all, and we respect rowers of all abilities and recreational/competition levels.  The SafeSport policy is in place to help protect rowers from abuse.