SRRA Resumes June 14th 5:30 – 7:30 PM!
We had a good turnout for the Boat Maintenance Day on Saturday, and we are Ready to Row!
Since most of us have not been in a shell for over a year, the coaches are going to help us get our confidence back by providing Learn to Row 2.0 for our sessions in June. We’ll be polishing the rust from our basic boat handling, rowing technique, entering and exiting the boats, steering, water safety, etc. It will be a great opportunity to ask all your questions, remember which is starboard and which is port, how to orient the oar locks, and get us off on the right path to a great summer of rowing!
Rowing sessions will be:
- MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY evenings 5:30p-7:30p, and
- SATURDAY mornings 7:00a-9:30a.
We will assess the interest for additional sessions for the remainder of the summer. We are working on session sign-up software, but for now just show up 5 minutes early so coaches can have time to set up boat line ups.
Additionally, we will be asking members that want to row a single at a certain practice to reserve the boat. This will be a first come first serve procedure, though the actual process to make a reservation will be rolled out in the coming weeks.
We will be practicing COVID safety. Those who are not fully vaccinated will need to self identify and practice mask wearing and social distancing. Reserving a single will be the rowing option available for un-vaccinated.
Tasks before hitting the water:
- Make your annual membership donation ($100) before coming out to row, or bring a check on your first day. You can make your Membership Donations to SRRA ($100) at PayPal Giving Fund for SRRA.
- Please link to USRowing Membership to check on your USRowing Waiver and Membership Status (if you need to renew your membership, only the Basic membership is needed). If you need to affiliate with Spokane River Rowing Association, our Club Code is QT79N.
- Please download and complete the Medical Info sheet and bring with you to the boathouse.
Location: Meet at the gate west of Park on 7200 E South Riverway https://www.